Monday, February 25, 2008

Cosas 4 y 5...

Hola Amigos! Feliz fin de Febrero. For all of you in the upper 48, I wish you warmth.



Vicunas con dos cabesas.

This guy lives in Arica selling beautiful posters. Met him at a political rally in Arica.
I think this is my best photo yet.


Senor Samuel Pozo y yo, before a meeting w. one of the PROSIR beneficiaries who is so good at selling stuff, she sold me a bottle of after bath stuff for 7 bucks and some stuff for guys to Samuel!
Wow. This volcano @ Lago Chungara is super high up.



So here I am, in a place where the beauty actually rivals The Himal. Who knew?I got so sick going straight up to 4500meters or whatever. Wow. Wanted to barf my lungs out but instead the locals had me drinking some strong leafy tea and huffing straight alcohol so I wouldn't pass out cold. It actually worked, so, yours truly is still alive and kickin.


Yup, here to cause more ruckus for hosts to refugees everywhere... Little did Chile know who was coming to see them.
But seriously, I'm in love w. this country and I think they are gonna have to drag me onto the plane to depart. It's six weeks away, and the buffer of a week in Mexico makes leaving much easier, but I can't even think about not coming back to my office, or to the cute house with sweet Antonio, my roomy.

OK, Thing 4;
definately go to a concert w. your Chilean friends.
Went to see Journey, and the new singer replacing Steve Perry. Who would think a little Phillipino guy would embody our beloved 80's rock star so perfectly? Wow, what a show. The entire audience was singing Open Arms in unison. WhooOo- WhooOooo- WhooOOOOOOOOO.
Aunt Lisa, don't be too jelous, you got to see the real thing.
Oh, Thing 5: Must must go as much and often as possible to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.
It's the best getaway. Seriously, and I'll post more pix soonish.
Over and out for now kids. Shout out to Diablo Coty for Senor Oscar. Too cool.


1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Dude, you saw Journey in Chile?? How many people can say that? And Don will be interested to know a Filipino has replaced Steve Perry!! LOL

Miss you! xoxoxoxox