Saturday, January 26, 2008

Comida de Chile

I first have to applogize to all the non-Spanish speakers, cuz I realized I really want to blog in Spanish- Castellano, for my Chilean friends.
First of all- Seriously, I have met some of the most amazing, sweet and wonderful people here already, this is in spite of my purse getting stolen on let's see, day 17 or something.

Ahora, conozco una familia de Angeles! Sipo, es verdad.
(I think Sipo will always be part of my language now, just like y'all is from living in Dallas those months some life ago.)
Bueno, ellas son de Santiago, y muy muy linda y simpatica, piasas con migo!
Se llaman; Loreto, Natalie and I don't remember their mom and tia's names, better ask...

Anyway, met them in the most amazing town here, Valparaiso and no, don't have pix because yours truly forgot her camera in her closet in Santiago- nice.
Oh well, that just means I get to go back, again and again.
This is the dog poo story;
So you know that super cute pic of the cleanest and cutest streetdog I've seen here in Chile? Not so beautiful when you realize they leave packages everywhere for youl.
Well of course when the family of Angels and I are driving up the beautiful coast coming back from an AMAZING almuerzo at a little place called La Gatita ( the kitty cat) in Con Con, wow, Macha Parmesana!!!!!! Definately better than most things you can think of on this earth.

Somehow before entering the auto to go back to the Playa in Vina Del Mar, Victoria somehow steps in a nice pile of freshie. Mmmmm.
I don't actually realize it until Loreto, who is driving us around in her car says " Hey, who stepped in Shit!?" I can't smell very well here, or hear for that matter , so I'm looking down, And of course, nice sploosh of crap all over my shoe.
We all start laughing, but I'm really disgusted and immediately take my shoe off and hold it out the window of the car so it won't be near us anymore. The whole way back to Valparaiso I'm holding a Shit shoe out the window- bout 10 or so Km. Dumbass.
Yup, I'm still clumbsy Victoria in South America too. Thanks Mom. ;)

I'm here up north in Arica. I'll post some pix after I get back from dinner or sometime on tuesday after work life slows down, have a crazy schedule of work, sightseeing, Carnival, more work, more meetings. Wish me luck.
Love and Peace. Vic.

1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

You crack me up! Better invest in a pair of shit galoshes! ha ha