Thursday, January 31, 2008

10 things you Must do in Chile: Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Carnaval.







Hola Amigos- Carinos a ustedes-








So many things to explain. First, I'll try to put up some pix for y'all to see.

And yes, I am a very big fan of using Porque Sipo!
It's so damned useful, in like so many ways and it's cuter than "pues" or what ever else.



So, I have had this crazy life- vida de collamity here in Chile... Seriously, it's like one weird messed up thing after another. Pero- but- really it's just making me like this cooky country even more, because I get to laugh at the messed up things that happen to me...


por exemplo-

I love clean clothes, clean house, basic cleanliness, si? Si. Porque sipo.


I'm staying at a house up north here in Arica where it never rains, and was feeling pretty blue today; work, vida, corazon, amigos, familia, ya know, just everything( yes, I'm a chic).


So our office is connected to the house, very easy. Walk upstairs when it's lunchtime to the house- there's water- everywhere. Awesome. I almost broke down right there in sobbing tears, instead, I decided that the house knew what a crap day I was having and decided to have a sobbing fit in my stead. Aw- so sweet.
Sweet maybe, but I had to mop up all the tears with the broom for about 30 minutes.

Of course I started laughing at how mad I was about everything.

Mostly because I really really felt like Wong Kar Wai had his sneaky camera on me making a sequal to Chungking Express.

BTW- WKW- if you're reading this, yes, that is an open offer to call me for your next flick.


Entonces: Thing 1:

Lava los ropas- wash the clothes, it can bring necessary effects and affects.


Thing 2:

Definately, definately, treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.

Whenever I'm in another country I always try to do this. It's a great way to get to know people and have them get to know you. The two women working on my feet and hands tonight are Angelica y Veronica - I think.

Wow- the first pedicure I've ever had, btw, and just sooo wonderful. Never had somebody actually take a neumatic drill to my poor feet before.

I feel like a million bucks, tip included- all for less than a 20 spot. Nice. whoever says things in Chile are expensive, dinner yeah, mani and pedi- no.

Do it. Before and after you climb those mountains, it's just the best.


Enjoy the pix. Miss you all, especialmente Rhomie and Twoey. - and you too Ell.


2 comments:

Ms. Bizarro said...

I was TOTALLY thinking about Chungking Express when I read about your sad apartment crying! How funny!

Remember culture shock - it sux but it'll get easier.

I'm so proud of you!

Hugs and kisses.

Ms. Bizarro said...

Oh, and you look ab fab, darling! Truly! You look happy - in the deepest sense of happy.