Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ingrid Betancourt Released!

How awesome is this foto! It's 2008 Pride Fest in Bogota
The caption reads: "Say No to Kidnapping"


So- prayers of her safe released were answered yesterday.
I am as stunned that she is with us and safe as anyone following this story.
I only learned of Ingrid this year when I was working in Chile, and her x-husband came to Santiago to plead for the Chilean Govt. to help in her recovery.
Senora Betancourt is amazingly brave and after our collective loss of
Benezir Bhuto we needed such a peace-making heroine to emerge- safe and sound and back in the public eye.
I can only pray that this means the end of the FARC terrorist regime and a new age for
beloved Colombia y Colombianos. ( I realize some of you reading this may not agree, so please feel free to reply if you like-)
I don't pretend to know a lot about Colombian history and the war being waged as we speak,
but this, if there ever was one, is a wonderful omen for the heart of Colombians everywhere, and for hope.
Viva Ingrid y la gente de Colombia. May you see your beautiful country rebuild very soon.
Esta Esperanza!


No comments: