Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thoughts on Leavin: And things 7-10

Thing 7:
I guess I should have learned to always look down when I'm walking here after the poo incident.
However, being me, I rarely do that unless I'm in an area- like my neighborhood where there are many dogs/poo factories.
So, I'm walking along the filthy streets of Arica last week when what should jump up and attack my foot?- one of those damned sign posts, but the ones without a post, it's just a clump of rusted metal waiting like a trap to catch any foot or toe that passes w.out noticing. Fucker.
My little toe was gushing blood, mmm, nice. And luckily I was in Arica where literally there is a drugstore, or 3 on Every block.
So, I was trying to explain hydrogen peroxide to the counter lady, and she gave me some iodine, so I gave up and took bottle of iodine and some Tigger bandaids.
Holy Crap. Aaron wasn't kidding when he said that bandaids are expensiver here.
I bought the Tigger ones cuz they were the price of silver instead of gold.
But, don't worry. Later that night I went out w. the cutest boy in Arica. Leo, sigh.
Pizza, wine and fun conversation can do a lot for a girl's ego. :)
So, Thing 8, find a cute boy to dance with! It's great to find really fun Chileans.
I have to say, all the people I know, they aren't boring, they're pretty cool and have great outlooks on life, however different those outlooks may be.
I think things 8, 9 and 10 would include
-sunning; it's just the most luxurious thing to do here, such a great getaway from the craze of the cities. It's great in Arica, playa Lisera is probably nicer than Vina de Mar and very safe.
-head standing and teaching kids headstands on the beach.
-Leave and come back. Whenever I leave Santiago, I'm so glad to be leaving, but within 24 hours I'm always missing home.
I've enjoyed my time here so much and quite honestly, as most of you predicted, as did I, I don't want to leave. I miss my life in Denver, so I'm glad to be going back, but does Santiago have to be so far away?
I'll miss my WiFi cafes and yummy mango juice drinks and hanging out w. new friends here.
I'll talk about my trip to Buenos Aires in another blog, when I can post pix.
Lo siento mucho, pero no tengo mi cosa para conectar mi camera ahorita.
Puedo mandar los fotos muy pronto. ;)
OK, eso es amigos y amigas.
Besos. V.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there woman! I hope that your foot is better. And please call me when you get back to the states! I've really missed you. I want to hear more about your adventures.

Welcome back Chica!

the ohio gal,
Deb